Mark Adderley Speaks Out After Nadia Sawalha’s Loose Women Departure
Nadia Sawalha’s husband, Mark Adderley, has criticised what he described as the lack of public support from some of her former Loose Women colleagues following her departure from the ITV programme.
The 61-year-old former EastEnders actress, who has been married to Mark since 2002, has said she was repeatedly taken on and off the Loose Women line-up after speaking publicly about her pro-Palestinian views.
Nadia has claimed she was “messed around” by the show’s producers and said she was considering legal action against ITV over the way she had been treated.
Now Mark, 55, has spoken about the situation in a new video on the couple’s YouTube channel.
Mark says he is “horrified” by the lack of support
Mark said the reaction from some people in Nadia’s former professional circle had left him deeply disappointed.
“The part of it that really breaks my heart, and I have to say this, I am absolutely flabbergasted, agog, horrified, shocked, beyond dismayed and disappointed by the cowardly lack of support I have heard or seen for you from people I would’ve expected it to come from,” he said.

Nadia responded that the situation had taught them a great deal about people and the choices they make.
“That teaches us a lot, it teaches us a lot. And different people make different decisions for their lives,” she said.
Mark, who was suspended from the Green Party earlier this year after sharing certain views online, said he was particularly surprised because of how long Nadia had worked in the entertainment industry.
“I felt something similar about the Green Party but I hadn’t been a member for so long,” he said.
“I’ve been very lucky in that so much of my life is social media platforms and the channel but this is a world where you’ve been in it for so long where you’ve championed, defended, supported, looked after, lauded others.”
Nadia describes a “culture of fear”
Nadia appeared on the very first episode of Loose Women in 1999 and has worked alongside familiar faces including Coleen Nolan, Kaye Adams and Denise Welch during her years on the programme.
She said her experiences throughout her career had led her to believe that there was a “culture of fear” in some of the workplaces where she had worked.
Nadia explained that her Arabic heritage and her outspoken views had made her feel different from many people in the industry.
“I am unusual in that I’ve been like that. I’ve been on movies having lunch and going ‘Oh my God this is outrageous,’ but then the producer comes in and everyone goes quiet,” she said.
She went on to say that she believed people could be concerned about supporting her publicly because of her views.
“I do believe there is a culture of fear in various places that I’ve worked where if you are shown to show any support for me because I am anti-Zionist and I am anti-genocide and I’m half Arabic then you would be in danger of being phased out of your job. That’s what I worry about,” Nadia said.
She has not appeared on Loose Women for months.

Denise Welch departure sparks family reaction
The comments came after fellow panellist Denise Welch announced on Thursday that she was leaving Loose Women after appearing on the programme on and off for more than 20 years.
Denise said she wanted to leave the show so she could concentrate on her acting career. Her announcement was met with messages of support from her colleagues.
However, when Kaye Adams responded to Denise’s news, Nadia’s sister Dina reacted angrily.
Dina referred to Nadia’s previous support for Kaye during the bullying allegations surrounding her, questioning why Kaye had not liked Nadia’s Daily Mail apology post.
“So your Instagram does work! After all of Nadia’s support for you during your bullying allegations – you couldn’t even LIKE her Daily Mail apology post, which is about as controversial as it gets. Wow, wow, wow!” Dina wrote.
Another person agreed with her, writing: “The silence from her so-called friend is disappointing.”
Dina replied: “More than disappointing!”
Kaye Adams was investigated by the BBC
Kaye previously lost her BBC Scotland role after being accused of bullying colleagues, allegations she denies.
The claims included accusations that she had sworn at and humiliated co-workers. The BBC subsequently suspended Kaye and carried out an internal investigation, which found her guilty on three charges.
At the time, Nadia publicly defended her long-time colleague. She described Kaye as one of the kindest and most professional people in television and encouraged people to read Kaye’s statement responding to the misconduct and bullying allegations.
Nadia fears she may never work in television again
Nadia has said she believes her outspoken support for Palestinian rights has contributed to her treatment by the television industry.
She has also expressed concern that police officers could come to her home as a result of her views.
Speaking to The Mirror, Nadia said: “I accept that there is a huge risk I will never work in television again.”
She has said that some colleagues have privately shown their support, but that they are reluctant to do so publicly.
According to Nadia, two well-known ITV figures reacted to an Instagram video in which she discussed her threat to sue the broadcaster. She later deleted the video because she did not want those individuals to face potential consequences for supporting her.
“I deleted it because I don’t want these people to be phased out,” she said.
“I feel sad that there is an atmosphere of fear that if they were to be seen to be supporting me, their career could be at risk.”
Nadia also said she did not believe the head of daytime television had personally wanted her removed from Loose Women, adding: “I feel for her.”
