THE EXODUS CONTINUES: 60 MINUTES FACES A NEW BOMBSHELL AS ANOTHER LEGENDARY VOICE DISAPPEARS….A new shockwave has hit 60 Minutes after another longtime CBS veteran reportedly walked away, intensifying the growing storm surrounding one of America’s most respected news programs.

Veteran ‘60 Minutes’ producer who worked with Anderson Cooper quits CBS amid turmoil at show

Scott Pelley firing after alleged Bari Weiss dispute: ‘The boss is still the boss’

Veteran “60 Minutes” producer Michael Gavshon, who produced a piece for Anderson Cooper that came under heavy scrutiny from CBS News boss Bari Weiss, has resigned from the network, sources said.

Gavshon wrote in a memo obtained by The Post that his decades-long career at CBS News will come to an end on June 30 — after a slew of high-profile journos were recently axed from the newsmagazine.

“Thirty-four of my forty-one years at CBS News have been at ’60 Minutes,’” wrote Gavshon, who was based in the network’s London bureau. “The old chestnut, I have stood on the shoulders of giants, couldn’t be more true.”

Steve Kroft and Michael Gavshon reviewing a script in the "60 Minutes" offices.
Longtime producer Michael Gavshon (right) is leaving CBS News after 41 years at the network, 34 of which were spent at “60 Minutes.” He’s seen here with retired correspondent Steve Kroft in 2017.AP

CBS News did not immediately comment.

Earlier this year, Gavshon was reportedly left exasperated after Weiss closely scrutinized a Cooper report on the White House policy of accepting South African refugees, whom President Trump described as victims of a “white genocide.”

The piece, which debunked Trump’s claims, aired Feb. 22.

Just four days before that, Cooper decided not to renew his “60 Minutes” contract.

In December, “60 Minutes” staff — who were not used to getting hands-on editing from upper management — voiced outrage over Weiss’ decision to shelve a report on El Salvador’s notorious CECOT prison, on grounds it needed comments from the White House.

Gavshon, whom one source called “the very best of the best,” hung on.

But he was said to be extremely upset after Weiss overhauled the program by firing executive producer Tanya Simon, correspondents Sharyn Alfonsi and Cecilia Vega, senior executive producer Draggan Mihailovich, veteran producer Guy Campanile and digital operations chief Matthew Polevoy.

Anderson Cooper wearing glasses and a dark jacket, speaking in front of a blurred black and white background.
Gavshon produced Anderson Cooper’s report on claims of white “genocide” in South Africa, which was highly scrutinized by Bari Weiss.60 Minutes / CBS
Bari Weiss at the CBS News/Politico reception.
Former “60 Minutes” correspondent Scott Pelley declared Bari Weiss was “murdering ’60 Minutes.’”CBS News via AP

Weiss brought on Nick Bilton, a former New York Times technology columnist with a handful of producing credits, as the new executive producer.

At a company meet-and-greet on June 2, “60 Minutes” correspondent Scott Pelley challenged Bilton about the firings, pressing him on why his colleagues were axed.

Pelley also declared that neither Bilton nor Weiss had enough experience for their jobs, and said Weiss was “murdering ’60 Minutes.’”

Pelley was fired for cause the following day.

Since then, Bilton and Weiss have been seeking to reassure staffers that the editorial ethos of the program remains unchanged.

Veteran correspondents Lesley Stahl, Bill Whitaker and Jon Wertheim all opted to stay on for next season.

In his goodbye memo, Gavshon thanked the show’s executive producers through the years — Don Hewitt, Jeff Fager, Phil Scheffler, Bill Owens and Simon.

Related Posts

A Bride in a Wheelchair Was Humiliated at the Altar When Her Groom Refused to Marry Her—Then a 10-Year-Old Boy Handed Her the Shoe She Wore on the Day of Her Accident and Whispered, “You Need to Know Who Really Put You in That Chair”

The wedding hall looked like a dream. White roses covered the walls. Crystal chandeliers glittered above the guests. Soft music played as everyone waited for the ceremony…

“17 or 25?” — A £100,000 Gameshow Question Left The 1% Club Viewers Furious After One Tiny Piece Of Wording Appeared To Change The Answer Completely

The 1% Club viewers divided over disputed answer in gameshow episode Viewers of The 1% Club have been left frustrated after questioning the answer given to a…

Strictly Come Dancing’s Search For A New Host Takes Another Unexpected Turn As Familiar TV Star Addresses Their Future On The Show — And Reveals Why Taking Over From Tess Daly And Claudia Winkleman May Not Be On The Cards

Strictly Come Dancing host left in tears after waking up to devastating news Josh Widdicombe has opened up about the death of his beloved family cat, revealing…

$100,000. 30 Seconds. And He Changed His Answer at the Very Last Second… A 1% Club Australia contestant was staring at what viewers described as one of the show’s hardest questions, with the entire $100,000 prize riding on a bizarre sequence involving the months of the year.

Man Answers One of The 1% Club’s Hardest Questions Correctly A contestant on The 1% Club has left viewers impressed after correctly solving a question that was…

A 7-Year-Old Boy Smashed a Millionaire’s Luxury SUV and Screamed, “You Abandoned Us—My Mom Is Dying!” But When the Furious Man Saw the Rain-Soaked Photo in His Hand, He Realized the Child Was About to Expose an 8-Year Family Secret

Chapter 1 – The Stone The stone hit the SUV’s headlight with a sharp, violent sound. The tires squealed against the wet asphalt, and several people on…

What’s Your Name? John Cleese turned a routine appearance on The One Show into painfully awkward TV when he appeared to have no idea who hosts Roman Kemp and Lauren Laverne were.

John Cleese leaves The One Show hosts squirming after pretending he does not know who they are John Cleese left viewers cringing during an awkward exchange on…